Assange calls Gillard govt `perverted` for abandoning him
London: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange who has been holed up in the Ecuadorean embassy for a year has slammed the Australian government for having abandoned him.
According to News.com.au, Assange said that the Julia Gillard government bent over more than any other country in the world to publicly satisfy the US.
He said that the duty of the government was to protect an Australian organization and its citizen, but it did the exact opposite.
Assange is critical of Gillard because she had initially labeled him a criminal and had ordered probe into WikiLeaks and the former attorney general Robert McClelland had considered to cancel his passport and charge him with treason.
According to the report, Assange further attacked the government and called it even `worse` than US to have abandoned him and hoped that the coming elections would lead to a clean out of the Australian Labour Party ( ALP) starting with Julia Gillard and her `cronies`.
Assange who is heading the WikiLeaks party, is aiming to run Senate candidates in Victoria, where he`ll lead the ticket, NSW and Western Australia in the 2013 election , the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day
- FSSAI to remove potassium bromate from food additives list
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles
- Cancer-causing chemicals found in bread samples, says CSE; Health Ministry orders probe
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!