Assange calls Gillard govt `perverted` for abandoning him
London: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange who has been holed up in the Ecuadorean embassy for a year has slammed the Australian government for having abandoned him.
According to News.com.au, Assange said that the Julia Gillard government bent over more than any other country in the world to publicly satisfy the US.
He said that the duty of the government was to protect an Australian organization and its citizen, but it did the exact opposite.
Assange is critical of Gillard because she had initially labeled him a criminal and had ordered probe into WikiLeaks and the former attorney general Robert McClelland had considered to cancel his passport and charge him with treason.
According to the report, Assange further attacked the government and called it even `worse` than US to have abandoned him and hoped that the coming elections would lead to a clean out of the Australian Labour Party ( ALP) starting with Julia Gillard and her `cronies`.
Assange who is heading the WikiLeaks party, is aiming to run Senate candidates in Victoria, where he`ll lead the ticket, NSW and Western Australia in the 2013 election , the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug