Assange ‘running on treadmill` in Ecuador embassy
London: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is spending his confinement in the Ecuadorean embassy in London running on a treadmill, sitting under a sun lamp and surfing Internet, it has emerged.
Assange, 41, has been granted political asylum by Ecuador as he fights extradition to Sweden, where he is wanted for questioning on allegations of sexual assault.
Friends of the whistle blowing website’s founder revealed that Assange whiles away most of his days and nights reading books, watching DVDs and surfing Internet, Expresss.co.uk reports.
He has a single bed and a makeshift shower in a small room inside the building in Knightsbridge.
According to the report, his friends said that Assange is totally “focused on his work”.
Meanwhile, Met Police has confirmed that officers are poised outside, ready to arrest him the moment he leaves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal