Assange ‘running on treadmill` in Ecuador embassy
London: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is spending his confinement in the Ecuadorean embassy in London running on a treadmill, sitting under a sun lamp and surfing Internet, it has emerged.
Assange, 41, has been granted political asylum by Ecuador as he fights extradition to Sweden, where he is wanted for questioning on allegations of sexual assault.
Friends of the whistle blowing website’s founder revealed that Assange whiles away most of his days and nights reading books, watching DVDs and surfing Internet, Expresss.co.uk reports.
He has a single bed and a makeshift shower in a small room inside the building in Knightsbridge.
According to the report, his friends said that Assange is totally “focused on his work”.
Meanwhile, Met Police has confirmed that officers are poised outside, ready to arrest him the moment he leaves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far