Assange ‘running on treadmill` in Ecuador embassy
London: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is spending his confinement in the Ecuadorean embassy in London running on a treadmill, sitting under a sun lamp and surfing Internet, it has emerged.
Assange, 41, has been granted political asylum by Ecuador as he fights extradition to Sweden, where he is wanted for questioning on allegations of sexual assault.
Friends of the whistle blowing website’s founder revealed that Assange whiles away most of his days and nights reading books, watching DVDs and surfing Internet, Expresss.co.uk reports.
He has a single bed and a makeshift shower in a small room inside the building in Knightsbridge.
According to the report, his friends said that Assange is totally “focused on his work”.
Meanwhile, Met Police has confirmed that officers are poised outside, ready to arrest him the moment he leaves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley