Assange urges US to release secret drone strikes documents
Sydney: Julian Assange, founder of the whistle blowing website Wikileaks, has urged US officials to leak secret documents on drone strikes.
Assange used a rare US television appearance to condemn President Barack Obama’s controversial green light to kill American citizens who conspire with al Qaeda.
The Australian national said that the broad discretion to kill citizens shows a ‘collapse’ in the American system, the Age reports.
Assange spoke via a video link from Ecuador’s embassy in London, where he has been holed up since June to avoid extradition to Sweden over allegations of sexually assaulting two women.
Britain has refused him safe passage to Ecuador.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal