Assange’s telemovie grabs 1.34 mln viewers
Sydney: The much-awaited film based on the early life of the WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange drew a whopping 1.34 million viewers, according to a report.
This was one of the highest ratings for the Australian channel Ten, which broadcasted the film ‘Underground: The Julian Assange Story’ on Sunday night.
The telemovie starred Alex Williams as a 17-year-old Julian Assange and was based on the story of a group of Melbourne hackers, including Assange, who hacked into US military computers and attracted the attention of international authorities, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The telemovie drew its strongest mainland capital city audience in Melbourne, where the story was set, with 491,000 Melburnians tuning in.
According to the report, in Sydney it drew an audience of 376,000 viewers.
It peaked at 1.55 million viewers, the report added.
The broadcast was preceded by ‘Julian Assange: A Ten New Special,’ a half-hour investigation into the Assange story by a journalist.
According to the report, it drew an audience of 705,000 viewers, and it peaked at 1.03 million. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside