At least 11 killed in Myanmar bus accident
Yangon: At least 11 people were killed and 15 others injured on Saturday when a passenger bus overturned on Yangon-Nay Pyi Taw highway in Myanmar, reported Xinhua citing state-run radio.
With about 30 passengers on board, the bus "Manshwe Myodaw", setting out from Yangon and heading for Mandalay, overturned at 6.30 a.m. (local time) at a location about 127 km from Nay Pyi Taw, claiming the lives of 11 people on the spot.
A US national was slightly injured during the accident in which the bus was almost destroyed.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites