At least 11 killed in Myanmar bus accident
Yangon: At least 11 people were killed and 15 others injured on Saturday when a passenger bus overturned on Yangon-Nay Pyi Taw highway in Myanmar, reported Xinhua citing state-run radio.
With about 30 passengers on board, the bus "Manshwe Myodaw", setting out from Yangon and heading for Mandalay, overturned at 6.30 a.m. (local time) at a location about 127 km from Nay Pyi Taw, claiming the lives of 11 people on the spot.
A US national was slightly injured during the accident in which the bus was almost destroyed.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users