At least 11 soldiers dead in Algeria ambush: Media
Algiers: At least 11 soldiers were killed in an ambush by Islamic extremists near Tipaza, about 100 kilometres (60 miles) from Algiers, news media in the Algerian capital reported on Thursday.
Some newspapers put as high as 21 the number of dead in Wednesday`s incident, in which an Algerian military convoy was ambushed outside the Mediterranean coastal town of Damous, west of Tipaza.
Press reports said the convoy was targeted by several bombs, after which a firefight broke out that lasted about 20 minutes. The Arabic newspaper El Khabar said five of the extremists were killed.
There was no official confirmation of the reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi