At least 12 killed in Spain train accident
Barcelona: At least 12 pedestrians were killed in a train accident on the Spanish coast near Barcelona, rescue workers said early Thursday.
The victims were killed by an express train near the coastal town of Castelldefels, officials said. They were trying to cross the tracks on their way to the beach to participate in a summer solstice celebration.
Eyewitnesses said the victims, who were mostly quite young, had just arrived on a local train at the Castelldefels station. They crossed the tracks instead of using a tunnel or a bridge available for pedestrians.
They were hit by an express train on its way from Valencia to Barcelona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amber Heard to depose in Depp-divorce case on August 6
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Delhi to Mumbai in 12 hours! Final trial of Talgo bullet train to start from August 1
- Jared Leto was hesitant about following in Ledger's Joker legacy
- Noted writer and social activist Mahasweta Devi passes away in Kolkata