At least 12 killed in Spain train accident
Barcelona: At least 12 pedestrians were killed in a train accident on the Spanish coast near Barcelona, rescue workers said early Thursday.
The victims were killed by an express train near the coastal town of Castelldefels, officials said. They were trying to cross the tracks on their way to the beach to participate in a summer solstice celebration.
Eyewitnesses said the victims, who were mostly quite young, had just arrived on a local train at the Castelldefels station. They crossed the tracks instead of using a tunnel or a bridge available for pedestrians.
They were hit by an express train on its way from Valencia to Barcelona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- PM Modi saved cameraman from being washed away in Gujarat
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium