At least 12 killed in Spain train accident
Barcelona: At least 12 pedestrians were killed in a train accident on the Spanish coast near Barcelona, rescue workers said early Thursday.
The victims were killed by an express train near the coastal town of Castelldefels, officials said. They were trying to cross the tracks on their way to the beach to participate in a summer solstice celebration.
Eyewitnesses said the victims, who were mostly quite young, had just arrived on a local train at the Castelldefels station. They crossed the tracks instead of using a tunnel or a bridge available for pedestrians.
They were hit by an express train on its way from Valencia to Barcelona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach