At least 12 killed in Spain train accident
Barcelona: At least 12 pedestrians were killed in a train accident on the Spanish coast near Barcelona, rescue workers said early Thursday.
The victims were killed by an express train near the coastal town of Castelldefels, officials said. They were trying to cross the tracks on their way to the beach to participate in a summer solstice celebration.
Eyewitnesses said the victims, who were mostly quite young, had just arrived on a local train at the Castelldefels station. They crossed the tracks instead of using a tunnel or a bridge available for pedestrians.
They were hit by an express train on its way from Valencia to Barcelona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon