At least 130 dead in Ukraine`s cold snap
Kiev: Freezing temperatures have taken the lives of at least 133 homeless people in Ukraine this month, a media report said Saturday.
Most of the victims were homeless people who lost their lives on the streets at night when temperatures dropped below minus 5 degrees Celsius, Xinhua reported.
The government has set up more than 3,000 heated tents for those in need, but not all those who died took shelter in them, officials said.
The Ukrainian cabinet is mulling an idea to dispatch special social patrol teams to send the homeless to the tents. The units will include law enforcement officers as well as doctors and social workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler