At least 20 killed by electrocution in Nigeria
Lagos: At least 20 bus passengers have been killed in Nigeria when a cable fell onto the bus and electrocuted people inside, police said.
Police confirmed 20 deaths, but spokeswoman Rita Abbey said the toll could climb further.
A news agency Press cameraman saw more than 10 bodies, some charred beyond recognition, at a local hospital in the provincial capital of Port Harcourt yesterday. Another 10 people were seen being treated for gashes and burns.
Most of the dead had been passengers aboard the bus, though some had been passing nearby when the cable came tumbling down during heavy rains that have pummelled southern Nigeria.
Police could not say exactly how many had been aboard the bus or how many had survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB