At least 20 killed by electrocution in Nigeria
Lagos: At least 20 bus passengers have been killed in Nigeria when a cable fell onto the bus and electrocuted people inside, police said.
Police confirmed 20 deaths, but spokeswoman Rita Abbey said the toll could climb further.
A news agency Press cameraman saw more than 10 bodies, some charred beyond recognition, at a local hospital in the provincial capital of Port Harcourt yesterday. Another 10 people were seen being treated for gashes and burns.
Most of the dead had been passengers aboard the bus, though some had been passing nearby when the cable came tumbling down during heavy rains that have pummelled southern Nigeria.
Police could not say exactly how many had been aboard the bus or how many had survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details