At least 20 killed by electrocution in Nigeria
Lagos: At least 20 bus passengers have been killed in Nigeria when a cable fell onto the bus and electrocuted people inside, police said.
Police confirmed 20 deaths, but spokeswoman Rita Abbey said the toll could climb further.
A news agency Press cameraman saw more than 10 bodies, some charred beyond recognition, at a local hospital in the provincial capital of Port Harcourt yesterday. Another 10 people were seen being treated for gashes and burns.
Most of the dead had been passengers aboard the bus, though some had been passing nearby when the cable came tumbling down during heavy rains that have pummelled southern Nigeria.
Police could not say exactly how many had been aboard the bus or how many had survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside