At least 20 killed by electrocution in Nigeria
Lagos: At least 20 bus passengers have been killed in Nigeria when a cable fell onto the bus and electrocuted people inside, police said.
Police confirmed 20 deaths, but spokeswoman Rita Abbey said the toll could climb further.
A news agency Press cameraman saw more than 10 bodies, some charred beyond recognition, at a local hospital in the provincial capital of Port Harcourt yesterday. Another 10 people were seen being treated for gashes and burns.
Most of the dead had been passengers aboard the bus, though some had been passing nearby when the cable came tumbling down during heavy rains that have pummelled southern Nigeria.
Police could not say exactly how many had been aboard the bus or how many had survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical