At least 30 dead in Cameroon bus crash: Police
Yaounde: An out-of-control bus
rolled several times and broke in two in central Cameroon,
killing at least 30 people, police said Sunday, adding that the
toll could rise.
"At the scene we`ve identified around 30 bodies but the
death toll could be much greater given that some of the
injured evacuated before we arrived reportedly died," traffic
police official Fifen Idrissou said.
The accident happened overnight yesterday near Bafia,
around 135 kilometres north of the capital Yaounde.
"The bus lost control," Idrissou said, and "200 metres
further on the bus hit a ditch. It rolled over several times."
"The impact was so powerful that the bus broke in two,"
The bus, with capacity for 70 passengers, was travelling
from Bafoussam in the west of the country to Yaounde.
It was not known how many passengers were aboard at the
time of the accident.
Idrissou said that the crash may have been caused by the
driver, who was among the dead, falling asleep or by a tyre
Cameroon Radio-Television reported that at least 35
people died in the accident, with their bodies taken to Bafia
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden