At least 30 dead in Cameroon bus crash: Police
Yaounde: An out-of-control bus
rolled several times and broke in two in central Cameroon,
killing at least 30 people, police said Sunday, adding that the
toll could rise.
"At the scene we`ve identified around 30 bodies but the
death toll could be much greater given that some of the
injured evacuated before we arrived reportedly died," traffic
police official Fifen Idrissou said.
The accident happened overnight yesterday near Bafia,
around 135 kilometres north of the capital Yaounde.
"The bus lost control," Idrissou said, and "200 metres
further on the bus hit a ditch. It rolled over several times."
"The impact was so powerful that the bus broke in two,"
The bus, with capacity for 70 passengers, was travelling
from Bafoussam in the west of the country to Yaounde.
It was not known how many passengers were aboard at the
time of the accident.
Idrissou said that the crash may have been caused by the
driver, who was among the dead, falling asleep or by a tyre
Cameroon Radio-Television reported that at least 35
people died in the accident, with their bodies taken to Bafia
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'