At least 36 killed in Syria clashes
Beirut: At least 36 people were killed and scores others injured in clashes and shelling across Syria on Wednesday, reports say.
Among those killed 24 are civilians and 12 are soldiers, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
As per reports troops shelled rebel bastions in the eastern province of Deir Ezzor, the northern province of Aleppo and several parts of the central province of Homs, reports say.
Forces rained shells on rebel positions in the northwestern Latakia province, pounding the town of Al-Haffe for the eighth straight day, reports add.
Troops used heavy artillery and helicopter gunships in their attacks on Al-Haffe, where activists feared a massacre would be committed if regime troops managed to enter the restive town.
At least 120 people died in fighting in Al-Haffe over the past week, including 68 troops, 29 civilians and 23 rebels.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note