At least 50 killed in four blasts in Syria
Damascus: At least 54 people were killed and 83 injured in four blasts that rocked the Syrian capital Wednesday, Xinhua reported.
The bombings took place in the Jaramana suburb of Damascus, an interior ministry source said.
The blasts were caused by two booby-trapped cars and two explosive devices that went off in swift succession.
Jaramana has witnessed a series of explosions over the past several months.
The regime of President Bashar al-Assad has been locked in a bloody conflict with anti-government forces since March 2011. According to UN estimates, at least 30,000 people have been killed since the violence began.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...