At least 50 Syrian soldiers join rebels
Rome: At least 50 Syrian soldiers have deserted the Army and joined rebel forces, Syrian activists said.
A colonel was among the deserters who joined the rebels near the city of Qamishli in northeast Syria, amid raging battles in the area, Syria`s Local Coordinating Committees opposition group said on its Facebook page.
Fighters from the jihadist Al-Nusra Front -- branded a terror group by the US State Department -- are involved in clashes with forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad around Qamlishi, according to Britain-based activist group the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
Meanwhile, the Syrian Network for Human Rights e-mailed to the media a video showing the bodies of five adults and six children. The group said they were killed in a "massacre" in Khirbat Altin village in Homs province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH