At least 50 Syrian soldiers join rebels
Rome: At least 50 Syrian soldiers have deserted the Army and joined rebel forces, Syrian activists said.
A colonel was among the deserters who joined the rebels near the city of Qamishli in northeast Syria, amid raging battles in the area, Syria`s Local Coordinating Committees opposition group said on its Facebook page.
Fighters from the jihadist Al-Nusra Front -- branded a terror group by the US State Department -- are involved in clashes with forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad around Qamlishi, according to Britain-based activist group the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
Meanwhile, the Syrian Network for Human Rights e-mailed to the media a video showing the bodies of five adults and six children. The group said they were killed in a "massacre" in Khirbat Altin village in Homs province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed