At least 60 killed in tribal clashes in Yemen
Sanaa: Security officials in Yemen say at least 60 people were killed in weeks of tribal clashes in the country`s north.
The officials said today that the clashes erupted north of Sanaa over land disputes between two tribes.
The conflict intensified when Shiite Hawthis rebels backed one tribe and the al-Ahmar tribe, one of Yemen`s most powerful groups, backed the other.
Meanwhile, other officials say anti-terrorism forces in Aden arrested two men believed to be al-Qaida militants on suspicion of killing an intelligence officer last month.
Yemeni authorities are leading a war against al Qaeda`s local branch, considered by Washington as one of the world`s most dangerous terror groups.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not allowed to speak to journalists.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference