At least 60 killed in tribal clashes in Yemen
Sanaa: Security officials in Yemen say at least 60 people were killed in weeks of tribal clashes in the country`s north.
The officials said today that the clashes erupted north of Sanaa over land disputes between two tribes.
The conflict intensified when Shiite Hawthis rebels backed one tribe and the al-Ahmar tribe, one of Yemen`s most powerful groups, backed the other.
Meanwhile, other officials say anti-terrorism forces in Aden arrested two men believed to be al-Qaida militants on suspicion of killing an intelligence officer last month.
Yemeni authorities are leading a war against al Qaeda`s local branch, considered by Washington as one of the world`s most dangerous terror groups.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not allowed to speak to journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!