At least 7 arrested for attack on police in Bahrain
Manama: At least seven people have been arrested in raids conducted after a policeman was killed and another injured in a blast in Bahrain Thursday, reported Xinhua citing a security source.
Imran Ahmed Mohammed, 19, was killed after rioters attacked routine patrols using Molotov cocktails and home made explosives in the village of Eker, about 20 km south of the capital Manama.
Bahrain`s General Directorate of Crime Detection and Forensic Science said Saturday that "legal procedures are being taken against the seven suspects in connection with the Eker incident".
Security forces Friday searched for other suspects of the attack in Eker and riot police blocked entrances to the village.
Interior Minister Lt. Gen. Shaikh Rashid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa said that while those responsible have not yet been arrested, their movements have been limited and it is only a matter of time before security forces hunt them down.
Bahraini officials said over 1,500 policemen have been attacked this year by anti-government protestors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!