At least 7 arrested for attack on police in Bahrain
Manama: At least seven people have been arrested in raids conducted after a policeman was killed and another injured in a blast in Bahrain Thursday, reported Xinhua citing a security source.
Imran Ahmed Mohammed, 19, was killed after rioters attacked routine patrols using Molotov cocktails and home made explosives in the village of Eker, about 20 km south of the capital Manama.
Bahrain`s General Directorate of Crime Detection and Forensic Science said Saturday that "legal procedures are being taken against the seven suspects in connection with the Eker incident".
Security forces Friday searched for other suspects of the attack in Eker and riot police blocked entrances to the village.
Interior Minister Lt. Gen. Shaikh Rashid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa said that while those responsible have not yet been arrested, their movements have been limited and it is only a matter of time before security forces hunt them down.
Bahraini officials said over 1,500 policemen have been attacked this year by anti-government protestors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply