At least 7 arrested for attack on police in Bahrain
Manama: At least seven people have been arrested in raids conducted after a policeman was killed and another injured in a blast in Bahrain Thursday, reported Xinhua citing a security source.
Imran Ahmed Mohammed, 19, was killed after rioters attacked routine patrols using Molotov cocktails and home made explosives in the village of Eker, about 20 km south of the capital Manama.
Bahrain`s General Directorate of Crime Detection and Forensic Science said Saturday that "legal procedures are being taken against the seven suspects in connection with the Eker incident".
Security forces Friday searched for other suspects of the attack in Eker and riot police blocked entrances to the village.
Interior Minister Lt. Gen. Shaikh Rashid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa said that while those responsible have not yet been arrested, their movements have been limited and it is only a matter of time before security forces hunt them down.
Bahraini officials said over 1,500 policemen have been attacked this year by anti-government protestors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?