At least 7 arrested for attack on police in Bahrain
Manama: At least seven people have been arrested in raids conducted after a policeman was killed and another injured in a blast in Bahrain Thursday, reported Xinhua citing a security source.
Imran Ahmed Mohammed, 19, was killed after rioters attacked routine patrols using Molotov cocktails and home made explosives in the village of Eker, about 20 km south of the capital Manama.
Bahrain`s General Directorate of Crime Detection and Forensic Science said Saturday that "legal procedures are being taken against the seven suspects in connection with the Eker incident".
Security forces Friday searched for other suspects of the attack in Eker and riot police blocked entrances to the village.
Interior Minister Lt. Gen. Shaikh Rashid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa said that while those responsible have not yet been arrested, their movements have been limited and it is only a matter of time before security forces hunt them down.
Bahraini officials said over 1,500 policemen have been attacked this year by anti-government protestors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?