At least 8 killed in fighting in Somalia`s capital
Mogadishu: A medical official says at least eight people have died in fighting in Somalia`s capital.
Ali Muse, the head of the city`s ambulance service, said at least another 18 people were wounded.
The fighting took place on Sunday between pro-government forces and Islamist militants.
Somalia has seen a spike in fighting over the last month. Militants led by the al Qaeda-aligned group Al-Shabab are trying to overrun the country`s weak, UN-backed government.
Somalia hasn`t had a functioning government in almost 20 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’