At least 8 killed in fighting in Somalia`s capital
Mogadishu: A medical official says at least eight people have died in fighting in Somalia`s capital.
Ali Muse, the head of the city`s ambulance service, said at least another 18 people were wounded.
The fighting took place on Sunday between pro-government forces and Islamist militants.
Somalia has seen a spike in fighting over the last month. Militants led by the al Qaeda-aligned group Al-Shabab are trying to overrun the country`s weak, UN-backed government.
Somalia hasn`t had a functioning government in almost 20 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city