At least 95 killed in Syrian violence: Report
Damascus: A total of 95 people, including 23 Hezbollah members, have been killed in an intense fighting in Syria`s Al-Qussair city since Saturday, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Monday.
The toll comprises four civilians, 56 rebel fighters, 12 government troops and 23 fighters from the Lebanese Hezbollah militant group, Xinhua reported.
The Army pushed its way into al-Qussair city early Sunday after taking control over its countryside in a 46-day campaign.
Activists claim that the Lebanese Hezbollah group is fighting alongside the government troops in al-Qussair as the group is believed to be an important ally of the Syrian administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note