At least 95 killed in Syrian violence: Report
Damascus: A total of 95 people, including 23 Hezbollah members, have been killed in an intense fighting in Syria`s Al-Qussair city since Saturday, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Monday.
The toll comprises four civilians, 56 rebel fighters, 12 government troops and 23 fighters from the Lebanese Hezbollah militant group, Xinhua reported.
The Army pushed its way into al-Qussair city early Sunday after taking control over its countryside in a 46-day campaign.
Activists claim that the Lebanese Hezbollah group is fighting alongside the government troops in al-Qussair as the group is believed to be an important ally of the Syrian administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE class 10th results 2016 declared; with 96.36% pass percentage, girls outshine boys
- Pakistan fails to seal F-16 fighter jets deal with US, says report
- Sensational: New Zealand teenager Glenn Phillips hits 6 sixes in an over
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'