At least 95 killed in Syrian violence: Report
Damascus: A total of 95 people, including 23 Hezbollah members, have been killed in an intense fighting in Syria`s Al-Qussair city since Saturday, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Monday.
The toll comprises four civilians, 56 rebel fighters, 12 government troops and 23 fighters from the Lebanese Hezbollah militant group, Xinhua reported.
The Army pushed its way into al-Qussair city early Sunday after taking control over its countryside in a 46-day campaign.
Activists claim that the Lebanese Hezbollah group is fighting alongside the government troops in al-Qussair as the group is believed to be an important ally of the Syrian administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!