At least eight injured in blast at US naval station
Washington: At least eight people were injured today in an explosion at a naval station in New Jersey, the US Navy said.
The blast is reported to have occurred when workers were performing maintenance on a vessel at the Naval Weapons Station at Earl in New Jersey.
"The situation is stabilised. We are investigating the accident," navy spokesman Mike Brady said.
The cause of the incident was not immediately known.
The injured were taken to a local hospital for treatment and one of them was said to be in a serious condition.
Several others were treated for minor injuries, mostly for smoke inhalation. "The damage from the explosion was contained within the boathouse area," a navy statement said, adding that the ammunition and ordnance operations at the weapons station were not affected by the accident.
Naval Weapons Station Earle provides ordnance for Atlantic Fleet Carrier and Expeditionary Strike Groups, and supports strategic Department of Defense ordnance requirements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP