At least nine dead, dozens hurt in bus crash in Germany
Berlin: At least nine people were killed and 43 hurt on Saturday, police said, as a coach carrying Polish holidaymakers collided with another Polish minibus near the eastern German city of Dresden.
The crash happened in the early hours of Saturday morning on the A4 motorway that links Poland and Germany.
All seven people in the smaller minibus died, along with two people in the double-decker coach, according to the Bild daily. The accident also produced several serious injuries, according to German authorities.
German police have already identified six of the nine dead as Polish nationals. The 43 injured were rushed to nearby hospitals.
According to early indications, the Polish coach crashed into a Ukrainian coach in front of it, skidding across the motorway and before colliding with the Polish minibus, which was travelling in the other direction.
Police temporarily blocked the motorway in both directions and authorities warned that traffic could be even more dense than usual because the accident coincided with the start of summer school holidays in the region.
According to Polish travel company Sindbad, which operates the coach, there were 65 passengers on board and three crew. The majority were Polish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical