At least nine dead, dozens hurt in bus crash in Germany
Berlin: At least nine people were killed and 43 hurt on Saturday, police said, as a coach carrying Polish holidaymakers collided with another Polish minibus near the eastern German city of Dresden.
The crash happened in the early hours of Saturday morning on the A4 motorway that links Poland and Germany.
All seven people in the smaller minibus died, along with two people in the double-decker coach, according to the Bild daily. The accident also produced several serious injuries, according to German authorities.
German police have already identified six of the nine dead as Polish nationals. The 43 injured were rushed to nearby hospitals.
According to early indications, the Polish coach crashed into a Ukrainian coach in front of it, skidding across the motorway and before colliding with the Polish minibus, which was travelling in the other direction.
Police temporarily blocked the motorway in both directions and authorities warned that traffic could be even more dense than usual because the accident coincided with the start of summer school holidays in the region.
According to Polish travel company Sindbad, which operates the coach, there were 65 passengers on board and three crew. The majority were Polish.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed