At least six killed in flash floods in Venezuela
Caracas: At least six children have been killed and three adults were reported missing in northwestern Venezuela following flash floods caused by torrential rains.
Yaracuy state Governor Julio Leon told local television all victims lived in the town of Bolivar and belonged to the same family, which was apparently enjoying a picnic in a gully when the flash flood hit.
Heavy rains have been affecting the area for about two weeks causing flooding in many communities.
According to Leon, rescue teams were searching for the missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement