At least six killed in flash floods in Venezuela
Caracas: At least six children have been killed and three adults were reported missing in northwestern Venezuela following flash floods caused by torrential rains.
Yaracuy state Governor Julio Leon told local television all victims lived in the town of Bolivar and belonged to the same family, which was apparently enjoying a picnic in a gully when the flash flood hit.
Heavy rains have been affecting the area for about two weeks causing flooding in many communities.
According to Leon, rescue teams were searching for the missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000