Attack foiled at Israeli embassy in Georgia
Jerusalem: An attempted attack on the Israeli embassy in Georgia capital Tbilisi was foiled Monday when an employee discovered a car fitted with an explosive device near the diplomatic mission, Israel Radio reported.
According to the Jerusalem Post, the embassy employee called police, who neutralised the explosive device.
The embassy was notified about the incident and the foreign ministry sounded an alert at Israeli missions across the world.
Israel had put its foreign missions on especially high alert ahead of the February 12 anniversary of the assassination, in 2008, of the military mastermind of Lebanon`s Hezbollah guerrillas, linked to the Shi`ite Islamist group Hezbollah, Imad Moughniyeh.
Iranian-backed Hezbollah had vowed to avenge Moughniyeh`s death in a Damascus car-bombing, blaming it on Israel.
Israelis had also warned of possible reprisals ordered by Tehran for the assassination of several scientists involved in Iran`s controversial nuclear program. No-one has claimed responsibility for the Iran killings.
With Agencies` inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security