Attack foiled at Israeli embassy in Georgia
Jerusalem: An attempted attack on the Israeli embassy in Georgia capital Tbilisi was foiled Monday when an employee discovered a car fitted with an explosive device near the diplomatic mission, Israel Radio reported.
According to the Jerusalem Post, the embassy employee called police, who neutralised the explosive device.
The embassy was notified about the incident and the foreign ministry sounded an alert at Israeli missions across the world.
Israel had put its foreign missions on especially high alert ahead of the February 12 anniversary of the assassination, in 2008, of the military mastermind of Lebanon`s Hezbollah guerrillas, linked to the Shi`ite Islamist group Hezbollah, Imad Moughniyeh.
Iranian-backed Hezbollah had vowed to avenge Moughniyeh`s death in a Damascus car-bombing, blaming it on Israel.
Israelis had also warned of possible reprisals ordered by Tehran for the assassination of several scientists involved in Iran`s controversial nuclear program. No-one has claimed responsibility for the Iran killings.
With Agencies` inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert