Attack foiled at Israeli embassy in Georgia
Jerusalem: An attempted attack on the Israeli embassy in Georgia capital Tbilisi was foiled Monday when an employee discovered a car fitted with an explosive device near the diplomatic mission, Israel Radio reported.
According to the Jerusalem Post, the embassy employee called police, who neutralised the explosive device.
The embassy was notified about the incident and the foreign ministry sounded an alert at Israeli missions across the world.
Israel had put its foreign missions on especially high alert ahead of the February 12 anniversary of the assassination, in 2008, of the military mastermind of Lebanon`s Hezbollah guerrillas, linked to the Shi`ite Islamist group Hezbollah, Imad Moughniyeh.
Iranian-backed Hezbollah had vowed to avenge Moughniyeh`s death in a Damascus car-bombing, blaming it on Israel.
Israelis had also warned of possible reprisals ordered by Tehran for the assassination of several scientists involved in Iran`s controversial nuclear program. No-one has claimed responsibility for the Iran killings.
With Agencies` inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state