Attack on Iran "more and more likely": Israel Prez
Jerusalem: Israeli President Shimon Peres has
warned that an attack on Iran was "more and more likely," days
before a report by the UN nuclear watchdog on Iran`s nuclear
He told Israeli private television`s second channel: "The
intelligence services of the different countries that are
keeping an eye on (Iran) are worried and putting pressure on
their leaders to warn that Iran is ready to obtain the nuclear
"We must turn to these countries to ensure that they keep
their commitments ... this must be done, and there is a long
list of options," Peres declared.
Israel on Thursday completed a major civil defence drill
in the Tel Aviv region aimed at simulating a response to
conventional and non-conventional missile attacks, the
Israel has also successfully tested what local media
called a "ballistic missile", which a defence ministry
official described as a long-scheduled "test firing of
the rocket-propulsion system".
On Wednesday, Haaretz newspaper reported that Israeli
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Ehud
Barak were seeking to win cabinet support for a strike on
Iran, which Israel and the West suspect is looking to build an
Haaretz said no decision had yet been taken on any
military strike, and that a November 8 report from the
International Atomic Energy Agency nuclear watchdog would have
a "decisive effect" on the decision-making process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security