Attackers kill 10 members of same family in Nigeria
Abuja: Attackers armed with guns and machetes stormed a village in central Nigeria`s Plateau state today killing 10 members of the same family amongst them five children under the age of ten.
Two persons were also fatally injured and are receiving treatment in Vom hospital. The attack took place in Kogwom village in Vom district near the city of Jos.
Military spokesman Lieutenant Kingsley Egbo confirmed the incident and promised that efforts are being made to apprehend the assailants who escaped before the arrival of the police.
"The attack is barbaric and very inhuman. The government will do everything to bring lasting peace to the state," government spokesman, Ayuba Pam said.
He said five children including a two-month-old child were killed in the incident.
The military said none of their men was involved in the attack despite the use of military uniforms by the criminals.
Hundreds of people have died in internecine conflict involving ethnic Fulanis and Beroms in Jos and its environs.
Sometimes the clashes take a religious colour as Christians attack Muslims or vice versa.
Majority of the Fulanis are Muslims while the Beroms are mostly Christians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi