Attacks in Iraq kill 6, wound 10: Officials
Baghdad: Officials say attacks across Iraq have killed six people and wounded 10. A police officer says a roadside bomb targeting a police patrol in northern Baghdad killed two civilians and wounded four on Thursday morning.
Another officer says gunmen in a speeding car attacked a police patrol in southwestern Baghdad, killing a policeman and wounding four.
Police in the northern city of Mosul say drive-by shooters killed two civilians. And in the northern city of Kirkuk, a policeman was killed and two were wounded in an exchange of fire with two militants who were planting a roadside bomb. One militant was also killed in the shootout.
Health officials confirmed the causality figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to talk to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends