Attacks kill at least 5 in Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi authorities say five people have been killed in a string of attacks across the country.
Police officials say that in the first attack, gunmen early today fatally shot a policeman and his brother who is a member of anti-al-Qaeda group north of Baghdad.
In the western province of Anbar, a car bomb targeting the house of a police colonel in Fallujah killed the officer`s neighbor but left the colonel unharmed.
Another car bomb struck a group of Shiite pilgrims heading to the holy city of Karbala, killing two people. Hospital officials confirmed the causalities.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgent attacks are still frequent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic