Attacks kill at least 5 in Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi authorities say five people have been killed in a string of attacks across the country.
Police officials say that in the first attack, gunmen early today fatally shot a policeman and his brother who is a member of anti-al-Qaeda group north of Baghdad.
In the western province of Anbar, a car bomb targeting the house of a police colonel in Fallujah killed the officer`s neighbor but left the colonel unharmed.
Another car bomb struck a group of Shiite pilgrims heading to the holy city of Karbala, killing two people. Hospital officials confirmed the causalities.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgent attacks are still frequent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RBI fines BoB, PNB, HDFC Bank for regulatory lapses
- Who is this little singer with beautiful voice that even Shreya Ghoshal wants to meet! Watch video
- Nita Ambani provided a VVIP security cover
- Is Parliament video bigger security breach than inviting ISI at air base: AAP
- VVIP security cover for Nita Ambani