Attacks kill at least 5 in Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi authorities say five people have been killed in a string of attacks across the country.
Police officials say that in the first attack, gunmen early today fatally shot a policeman and his brother who is a member of anti-al-Qaeda group north of Baghdad.
In the western province of Anbar, a car bomb targeting the house of a police colonel in Fallujah killed the officer`s neighbor but left the colonel unharmed.
Another car bomb struck a group of Shiite pilgrims heading to the holy city of Karbala, killing two people. Hospital officials confirmed the causalities.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgent attacks are still frequent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars