Attacks kill at least 5 in Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi authorities say five people have been killed in a string of attacks across the country.
Police officials say that in the first attack, gunmen early today fatally shot a policeman and his brother who is a member of anti-al-Qaeda group north of Baghdad.
In the western province of Anbar, a car bomb targeting the house of a police colonel in Fallujah killed the officer`s neighbor but left the colonel unharmed.
Another car bomb struck a group of Shiite pilgrims heading to the holy city of Karbala, killing two people. Hospital officials confirmed the causalities.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgent attacks are still frequent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery