Attacks kill at least 5 in Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi authorities say five people have been killed in a string of attacks across the country.
Police officials say that in the first attack, gunmen early today fatally shot a policeman and his brother who is a member of anti-al-Qaeda group north of Baghdad.
In the western province of Anbar, a car bomb targeting the house of a police colonel in Fallujah killed the officer`s neighbor but left the colonel unharmed.
Another car bomb struck a group of Shiite pilgrims heading to the holy city of Karbala, killing two people. Hospital officials confirmed the causalities.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgent attacks are still frequent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!