Attend Geneva-II conference: Arab League urges Syrian opposition
Cairo: Arab League foreign ministers meeting here have called on the Syrian opposition to attend the Geneva-II conference on restoring peace in the troubled country and form a delegation as soon as possible.
The ministers said Sunday that the League supports the Syrian opposition`s stance of asking for necessary international guarantees for participating in the conference, reports Xinhua.
Syrian National Coalition chief Ahmed Al-Jarba said that the opposition decided against attending the Geneva talks unless there is a successful transfer of power within a specific timeframe.
Al-Jarba also urged the League to take a clear stance on supplying the opposition with weapons and guarantee that these would not fall in the wrong hands.
Arab League chief Nabil Al-Arabi said at the foreign ministers` meeting that bloodshed in Syria could no longer be tolerated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'