Attend Geneva-II conference: Arab League urges Syrian opposition
Cairo: Arab League foreign ministers meeting here have called on the Syrian opposition to attend the Geneva-II conference on restoring peace in the troubled country and form a delegation as soon as possible.
The ministers said Sunday that the League supports the Syrian opposition`s stance of asking for necessary international guarantees for participating in the conference, reports Xinhua.
Syrian National Coalition chief Ahmed Al-Jarba said that the opposition decided against attending the Geneva talks unless there is a successful transfer of power within a specific timeframe.
Al-Jarba also urged the League to take a clear stance on supplying the opposition with weapons and guarantee that these would not fall in the wrong hands.
Arab League chief Nabil Al-Arabi said at the foreign ministers` meeting that bloodshed in Syria could no longer be tolerated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack