AU mediators in Abidjan for last-ditch talks
Ivory Coast: An African Union representative says an investigation team is meeting Monday with members of incumbent leader Laurent Gbagbo`s government in a last-ditch effort to find a peaceful resolution to the political crisis.
The African Union last week asked the presidents of Chad, Mauritania, South Africa, Tanzania and Burkina Faso to find a peaceful way to install the internationally recognized election winner, Alassane Ouattara, as president. AU representative Ambroise Nyonsaba says the leaders sent a team of 15 experts to Abidjan Sunday.
Nyonsaba said Monday that the team will eventually be followed by the presidents, who will try to organize a face-to-face between Gbagbo and Ouattara, both who claim to be the elected president of Ivory Coast.
The AU mediation team has one month to publish its recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 12 killed as violence mars Bangladesh local body polls
- Assault on Africans: Eight held, Home Minister Rajnath Singh asks police to ensure safety
- Must watch VIDEO: When James Vince, Joe Root teamed-up to take possibly the best slip catch in Test cricket history
- Arun Jaitley seeks Japanese investments; meets SoftBank CEO
- German nationalist slammed over racist comment on Jerome Boateng