AU mediators in Abidjan for last-ditch talks
Ivory Coast: An African Union representative says an investigation team is meeting Monday with members of incumbent leader Laurent Gbagbo`s government in a last-ditch effort to find a peaceful resolution to the political crisis.
The African Union last week asked the presidents of Chad, Mauritania, South Africa, Tanzania and Burkina Faso to find a peaceful way to install the internationally recognized election winner, Alassane Ouattara, as president. AU representative Ambroise Nyonsaba says the leaders sent a team of 15 experts to Abidjan Sunday.
Nyonsaba said Monday that the team will eventually be followed by the presidents, who will try to organize a face-to-face between Gbagbo and Ouattara, both who claim to be the elected president of Ivory Coast.
The AU mediation team has one month to publish its recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman