AU mediators in Abidjan for last-ditch talks
Ivory Coast: An African Union representative says an investigation team is meeting Monday with members of incumbent leader Laurent Gbagbo`s government in a last-ditch effort to find a peaceful resolution to the political crisis.
The African Union last week asked the presidents of Chad, Mauritania, South Africa, Tanzania and Burkina Faso to find a peaceful way to install the internationally recognized election winner, Alassane Ouattara, as president. AU representative Ambroise Nyonsaba says the leaders sent a team of 15 experts to Abidjan Sunday.
Nyonsaba said Monday that the team will eventually be followed by the presidents, who will try to organize a face-to-face between Gbagbo and Ouattara, both who claim to be the elected president of Ivory Coast.
The AU mediation team has one month to publish its recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday