Aus leaders express shock over Behera`s demise
Melbourne: Australian leaders on Saturday expressed deep shock over sudden demise of India`s Consul General in Melbourne, SK Behera.
Behera, 50, died last night after a massive heart attack.
Describing Behera as `a friend of Victoria` in an official statement, the state Premier Ted Baillieu and state minister for Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship Nicholas Kotsiras expressed their shock and deep sadness over his demise.
"The Victorian Government extends its deepest sympathies and sincere condolences to the family of Behera," the statement said.
"Behera was a proud, passionate and very effective representative of the Indian community, and a great friend of Victoria," it said.
Behera, a 1987 batch IFS officer, was posted in Australia more than a year back.
He is survived by his wife Rajashree, son Ananya and daughter Amruta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test