Aus leaders express shock over Behera`s demise
Melbourne: Australian leaders on Saturday expressed deep shock over sudden demise of India`s Consul General in Melbourne, SK Behera.
Behera, 50, died last night after a massive heart attack.
Describing Behera as `a friend of Victoria` in an official statement, the state Premier Ted Baillieu and state minister for Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship Nicholas Kotsiras expressed their shock and deep sadness over his demise.
"The Victorian Government extends its deepest sympathies and sincere condolences to the family of Behera," the statement said.
"Behera was a proud, passionate and very effective representative of the Indian community, and a great friend of Victoria," it said.
Behera, a 1987 batch IFS officer, was posted in Australia more than a year back.
He is survived by his wife Rajashree, son Ananya and daughter Amruta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone