Aus police raid homes in anti-terror investigation
Melbourne: Australian Federal Police and Victorian state police have reportedly raided homes across Melbourne as part of an anti-terrorism crackdown.
"I can confirm that Australian Federal Police and Victoria Police executed a number of search warrants in Melbourne this morning as part of an anti-terrorism investigation," a police spokeswoman was quoted as saying by `The Age` newspaper on Thursday.
The raids were part of an investigation into the funding of terrorist organisations.
"The community can be assured that this investigation is not related to any terrorist-related threat or incident," she said.
The raids took place in suburbs of Glenroy, Coolaroo, Pascoe Vale and Dandenong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites