Aus police raid homes in anti-terror investigation
Melbourne: Australian Federal Police and Victorian state police have reportedly raided homes across Melbourne as part of an anti-terrorism crackdown.
"I can confirm that Australian Federal Police and Victoria Police executed a number of search warrants in Melbourne this morning as part of an anti-terrorism investigation," a police spokeswoman was quoted as saying by `The Age` newspaper on Thursday.
The raids were part of an investigation into the funding of terrorist organisations.
"The community can be assured that this investigation is not related to any terrorist-related threat or incident," she said.
The raids took place in suburbs of Glenroy, Coolaroo, Pascoe Vale and Dandenong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'