Aussie mum investigated for putting kids on eBay
Canberra: An Australian mother who listed her children for sale on the Internet had her joke backfire when authorities were called in to investigate, police said on Sunday.
Officials in the southern city of Geelong were notified last week that a woman was attempting to sell her children, a boy and girl both aged under 10, on the auction site eBay.
Photos of the children were included in the sales pitch.
"Police tracked down the woman, who said it was a joke," police said in a statement.
Child welfare officers and police conducted a joint investigation and police said no charges would be laid.
"However, police discourage this type of behaviour," the statement said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan