Australia intercepts boat carrying 65
Melbourne: Australian authorities have intercepted another boat carrying 65 suspected asylum seekers off the West Australian coast.
ACV Hervey Bay - a Navy patrol vessel - found the boat northwest of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands last night, according to AAP news agency.
Border Protection Command will transfer the passengers first to Cocos Islands then on to the Christmas Island detention centre for security, health and identity checks, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda