Australia PM unwell, pulls out of New York speech
New York: Australia`s Prime Minister Julia Gillard has pulled out of a speech to business people in New York ahead of the gathering of world leaders at the UN General Assembly due to ill health.
Australia`s mission to the UN released a statement today, minutes ahead of Gillard`s scheduled address. Foreign Minister Bob Carr took her place.
The statement gave no details of Gillard`s illness. It said further information on Gillard`s schedule will be provided "in due course."
Gillard was due to speak at the event organized by the Asia Society and the Economic Club of New York, ahead of the UN annual gathering of global leaders that formally opens tomorrow.
Gillard is scheduled to address the General Assembly on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Auto-rickshaw strike in Delhi, commuters hit hard
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification issued; central govt employees, pensioners to get increased payout for August
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love
- Watch: Fire officials rescue calf after it fell into well in Mirzapur
- All leads have turned out to be bad: Manohar Parrikar on missing AN-32 aircraft