Australia PM unwell, pulls out of New York speech
New York: Australia`s Prime Minister Julia Gillard has pulled out of a speech to business people in New York ahead of the gathering of world leaders at the UN General Assembly due to ill health.
Australia`s mission to the UN released a statement today, minutes ahead of Gillard`s scheduled address. Foreign Minister Bob Carr took her place.
The statement gave no details of Gillard`s illness. It said further information on Gillard`s schedule will be provided "in due course."
Gillard was due to speak at the event organized by the Asia Society and the Economic Club of New York, ahead of the UN annual gathering of global leaders that formally opens tomorrow.
Gillard is scheduled to address the General Assembly on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media