Australia PM unwell, pulls out of New York speech
New York: Australia`s Prime Minister Julia Gillard has pulled out of a speech to business people in New York ahead of the gathering of world leaders at the UN General Assembly due to ill health.
Australia`s mission to the UN released a statement today, minutes ahead of Gillard`s scheduled address. Foreign Minister Bob Carr took her place.
The statement gave no details of Gillard`s illness. It said further information on Gillard`s schedule will be provided "in due course."
Gillard was due to speak at the event organized by the Asia Society and the Economic Club of New York, ahead of the UN annual gathering of global leaders that formally opens tomorrow.
Gillard is scheduled to address the General Assembly on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?