Australia police probe alleged Indian cyber attacks
Sydney: Australian police Friday said they
were investigating a string of hacking attacks against
Melbourne-based companies, reportedly linked to recent
violence against Indian nationals.
The cyber raids, which have occurred in the past week,
are being probed by a specialist taskforce, a spokeswoman
said, refusing to confirm media reports that they were linked
to the Indian assaults.
"The Victoria Police e-crimes squad is investigating
reports of alleged hacking of a number of different business
servers hosted in Melbourne," the spokeswoman told agency.
"The ongoing investigation is in its infancy and it would
be inappropriate to comment any further."
The Australian newspaper reported that several Melbourne
construction and engineering firms had been attacked in recent
days by a hacker called "Ghost Buster".
"Your server data have been compromised ... and have been
encrypted," Ghost Buster wrote on one.
"Stop racial attacks against Indian people," the message
said, vowing that until the assaults end, Australian servers
will be hacked "every day".
Attacks against Indians, including beatings and
robberies, have been on the rise in Australia, threatening to
damage diplomatic ties and the country`s
15.4-billion-US-dollar education export industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!