Australia school bans `homosexuality cure` seminar
Brisbane: A Catholic school in Australia has banned a "curing homosexuality seminar" set to be held at its campus, sparking claims of discrimination, a report said on Friday.
Brisbane Catholic Education said St Columban`s College in Queensland "immediately" withdrew permission for its hall to be used by the Miracle Christian Centre when they realised what the meeting was about.
"Permission was given by the school, on the basis that the nature of the meeting would need to be in line with the college`s Catholic Christian values," the school was quoted as saying by the Brisbane Courier-Mail.
Principal Ann Rebgetz reportedly claimed the group deliberately withheld information about the nature of the event.
But Miracle Christian Centre president Dorian Ballard accused Catholic Education of discrimination and said the matter was with their lawyers.
"We are not homophobic, many of us have come out of the homosexual lifestyle," he said.
"We are not afraid of homosexuals; we love them, we`ve ministered to them for years.”
"This topic is always up for debate. It`s great to hear a lot of different views in the broad spectrum and we have been silenced, we have been discriminated against."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video