Australia to send stabilising equipment for NZ rescue operations
Melbourne: Australia will send stabilising equipment to New Zealand to help in the recovery of the bodies of 29 miners killed in a mine explosion.
New Zealand Prime Minister John Key said he spoke to his Australian counterpart, Julia Gillard, on Wednesday after a second blast at the Pike River Coal Mine that`s presumed to have killed the 29 men trapped underground since the first explosion last Friday.
"The Australians have a piece of equipment that they think may be useful in attempting to stabilise the mine," Key said adding "I don`t know all the technical details."
Two of the miners killed in the incident were believed to be Queenslanders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?
- Pakistan needles India again, seeks independent probe into Burhan Wani's 'extra-judicial' killing
- Season's first dengue death reported in Delhi
- Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts of Kashmir
- Soon watch 3D movies in theatres without glasses –Know how