Australia to send stabilising equipment for NZ rescue operations
Melbourne: Australia will send stabilising equipment to New Zealand to help in the recovery of the bodies of 29 miners killed in a mine explosion.
New Zealand Prime Minister John Key said he spoke to his Australian counterpart, Julia Gillard, on Wednesday after a second blast at the Pike River Coal Mine that`s presumed to have killed the 29 men trapped underground since the first explosion last Friday.
"The Australians have a piece of equipment that they think may be useful in attempting to stabilise the mine," Key said adding "I don`t know all the technical details."
Two of the miners killed in the incident were believed to be Queenslanders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed