Australia to send stabilising equipment for NZ rescue operations
Melbourne: Australia will send stabilising equipment to New Zealand to help in the recovery of the bodies of 29 miners killed in a mine explosion.
New Zealand Prime Minister John Key said he spoke to his Australian counterpart, Julia Gillard, on Wednesday after a second blast at the Pike River Coal Mine that`s presumed to have killed the 29 men trapped underground since the first explosion last Friday.
"The Australians have a piece of equipment that they think may be useful in attempting to stabilise the mine," Key said adding "I don`t know all the technical details."
Two of the miners killed in the incident were believed to be Queenslanders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note