Australia unveils royal wedding stamp
Sydney: Australia on Monday launched a
special stamp to commemorate Britain`s pending royal nuptials,
with a local and international issue featuring Prince William
and his bride Kate Middleton.
Australia Post said it was "delighted" to celebrate
the April 29 wedding with a special edition stamp showing a
portrait of the couple after their engagement was announced.
"We trust this special stamp issue provides collectors
and the public with a memento to mark this happy and historic
event," said Australia Post chief Ahmed Fahour.
Formerly a British colony where Queen Elizabeth II is
still head of state, Australia has already issued a special 50
cent coin to commemorate the royal wedding, designed by the
Queen`s own goldsmith and jeweller.
Collectors can also buy an official Royal Wedding coin
with the couple`s engagement photo in colour against a
detailed sketch of Westminster Abbey, where they will wed.
The royal wedding will be keenly watched in Australia,
where Prince William charmed thousands with a recent tour to
flood-affected zones but which also harbours a keen republican
- Nepal President to announce Oli government's policies on May 7
- Uttarakhand fire: TMC gives adjournment notice in LS
- S Korea warns of citizens' potential abduction by North
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- India's manufacturing sector growth falls to 4-month low in April