close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Australian among Cambodia nightclub fire dead: Police

Five people including an Australian holidaymaker died in a nightclub fire in Cambodia`s northwestern tourist hub of Siem Reap on Tuesday, police said.



Phnom Penh: Five people including an Australian holidaymaker died in a nightclub fire in Cambodia`s northwestern tourist hub of Siem Reap on Tuesday, police said.

The blaze broke out at the Hip Hop nightclub in Siem Reap city at around 2am due to an electrical fault, provincial police chief Sort Nady told AFP.

"An Australian tourist was among five people who died after suffocating on smoke," he said, adding that two local people were injured in the fire. 

Police said the 32-year-old Australian had arrived in Cambodia last week.

They have launched an investigation into the incident, Nady said.

Siem Reap province, home to Cambodia`s famed Angkor temple complex, is the country`s most popular tourist destination.

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video


WION FEATURES

A wearable sticker that can prevent sexual assault

Neymar set to move to Paris Saint Germain

Council in Pakistan orders Revenge Rape of a 16-Year-Old

Photographing the world from a plane

Indian female cops are out in full force to protect women

Delhi's Mini Afghanistan: Far from war, these Afghanis have found their home in India