Australian attacks copter following Bible prophecy
Sydney: An Australian man attacked a military helicopter with an axe, saying he was fulfilling a biblical prophecy.
Bryan Law, 57, was arrested after the attack at an airport in Rockhampton, Queensland, the Australian Associated Press (AAP) reported.
Law, a member of a group that protested a joint Australia-US military exercise, said he was fulfilling a biblical prophecy against war.
"In a new and symbolic way, I was fulfilling the ancient prophecy of Isaiah: `They will beat their swords into ploughshares; their spears into pruning hooks`," he said.
Law is facing charges of wilful damage, trespass and possession of garden axe and bolt-cutters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India