Australian attacks copter following Bible prophecy
Sydney: An Australian man attacked a military helicopter with an axe, saying he was fulfilling a biblical prophecy.
Bryan Law, 57, was arrested after the attack at an airport in Rockhampton, Queensland, the Australian Associated Press (AAP) reported.
Law, a member of a group that protested a joint Australia-US military exercise, said he was fulfilling a biblical prophecy against war.
"In a new and symbolic way, I was fulfilling the ancient prophecy of Isaiah: `They will beat their swords into ploughshares; their spears into pruning hooks`," he said.
Law is facing charges of wilful damage, trespass and possession of garden axe and bolt-cutters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan