Australian attacks copter following Bible prophecy
Sydney: An Australian man attacked a military helicopter with an axe, saying he was fulfilling a biblical prophecy.
Bryan Law, 57, was arrested after the attack at an airport in Rockhampton, Queensland, the Australian Associated Press (AAP) reported.
Law, a member of a group that protested a joint Australia-US military exercise, said he was fulfilling a biblical prophecy against war.
"In a new and symbolic way, I was fulfilling the ancient prophecy of Isaiah: `They will beat their swords into ploughshares; their spears into pruning hooks`," he said.
Law is facing charges of wilful damage, trespass and possession of garden axe and bolt-cutters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!