Australian jailed for sexually abusing eight kids
Sydney: A 41-year-old Australian man was Friday jailed for more than 15 years for abusing eight children -- including his own three-year-old daughter -- over a 25-year period.
The man, who was not named for legal reasons, was convicted on numerous counts of incest, penetration of a child under 10 and other indecent acts with children across the state of Victoria between 1984 and 2009, the Australian Associated Press reported.
The man began offending from the age of 13, the judge said. His earliest offences were aimed at a nine-year-old step-nephew.
Many victims said they suffered from depression, alcoholism, suicidal thoughts, guilt and shame.
The man was also convicted of possessing child pornography, stalking and attempting to pervert the course of justice by trying to convince a number of people to write false statutory declarations to hide his guilt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened