Australian jailed for sexually abusing eight kids
Sydney: A 41-year-old Australian man was Friday jailed for more than 15 years for abusing eight children -- including his own three-year-old daughter -- over a 25-year period.
The man, who was not named for legal reasons, was convicted on numerous counts of incest, penetration of a child under 10 and other indecent acts with children across the state of Victoria between 1984 and 2009, the Australian Associated Press reported.
The man began offending from the age of 13, the judge said. His earliest offences were aimed at a nine-year-old step-nephew.
Many victims said they suffered from depression, alcoholism, suicidal thoughts, guilt and shame.
The man was also convicted of possessing child pornography, stalking and attempting to pervert the course of justice by trying to convince a number of people to write false statutory declarations to hide his guilt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre