Australian jailed for sexually abusing eight kids
Sydney: A 41-year-old Australian man was Friday jailed for more than 15 years for abusing eight children -- including his own three-year-old daughter -- over a 25-year period.
The man, who was not named for legal reasons, was convicted on numerous counts of incest, penetration of a child under 10 and other indecent acts with children across the state of Victoria between 1984 and 2009, the Australian Associated Press reported.
The man began offending from the age of 13, the judge said. His earliest offences were aimed at a nine-year-old step-nephew.
Many victims said they suffered from depression, alcoholism, suicidal thoughts, guilt and shame.
The man was also convicted of possessing child pornography, stalking and attempting to pervert the course of justice by trying to convince a number of people to write false statutory declarations to hide his guilt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional