Australian jailed for sexually abusing eight kids
Sydney: A 41-year-old Australian man was Friday jailed for more than 15 years for abusing eight children -- including his own three-year-old daughter -- over a 25-year period.
The man, who was not named for legal reasons, was convicted on numerous counts of incest, penetration of a child under 10 and other indecent acts with children across the state of Victoria between 1984 and 2009, the Australian Associated Press reported.
The man began offending from the age of 13, the judge said. His earliest offences were aimed at a nine-year-old step-nephew.
Many victims said they suffered from depression, alcoholism, suicidal thoughts, guilt and shame.
The man was also convicted of possessing child pornography, stalking and attempting to pervert the course of justice by trying to convince a number of people to write false statutory declarations to hide his guilt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you