Australian jailed for sexually abusing eight kids
Sydney: A 41-year-old Australian man was Friday jailed for more than 15 years for abusing eight children -- including his own three-year-old daughter -- over a 25-year period.
The man, who was not named for legal reasons, was convicted on numerous counts of incest, penetration of a child under 10 and other indecent acts with children across the state of Victoria between 1984 and 2009, the Australian Associated Press reported.
The man began offending from the age of 13, the judge said. His earliest offences were aimed at a nine-year-old step-nephew.
Many victims said they suffered from depression, alcoholism, suicidal thoughts, guilt and shame.
The man was also convicted of possessing child pornography, stalking and attempting to pervert the course of justice by trying to convince a number of people to write false statutory declarations to hide his guilt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs