Australian man graduates at 97, again!
Sydney: A 97-year old Australian dentist broke his own world record on Friday to become the world`s oldest living graduate for a second time.
Allan Stewart earned his Master of Clinical Science degree from Southern Cross University at Lismore, proving that "you are never too old and it`s never too late to study", ABC News reported.
"This afternoon`s graduation surpasses his own Guinness World Record of 2006 when he graduated with a law degree at the age of 91", the report said.
He retains that title with his fourth degree now, after completing his first degree in dentistry from the University of Sydney in 1936.
According to his lecturer Dr Sonia Brownie, Stewart has studied mostly by correspondence online and is excellent at time management, adding she "did a double take when she first got his enrolment application that mentioned a date of birth of 1915", ABC said.
A grandfather of 12 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren, Stewart from Tea Gardens, north of Newcastle, New South Wales now plans to relax with friends and family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?