Australian man graduates at 97, again!
Sydney: A 97-year old Australian dentist broke his own world record on Friday to become the world`s oldest living graduate for a second time.
Allan Stewart earned his Master of Clinical Science degree from Southern Cross University at Lismore, proving that "you are never too old and it`s never too late to study", ABC News reported.
"This afternoon`s graduation surpasses his own Guinness World Record of 2006 when he graduated with a law degree at the age of 91", the report said.
He retains that title with his fourth degree now, after completing his first degree in dentistry from the University of Sydney in 1936.
According to his lecturer Dr Sonia Brownie, Stewart has studied mostly by correspondence online and is excellent at time management, adding she "did a double take when she first got his enrolment application that mentioned a date of birth of 1915", ABC said.
A grandfather of 12 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren, Stewart from Tea Gardens, north of Newcastle, New South Wales now plans to relax with friends and family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah