Australian man graduates at 97, again!
Sydney: A 97-year old Australian dentist broke his own world record on Friday to become the world`s oldest living graduate for a second time.
Allan Stewart earned his Master of Clinical Science degree from Southern Cross University at Lismore, proving that "you are never too old and it`s never too late to study", ABC News reported.
"This afternoon`s graduation surpasses his own Guinness World Record of 2006 when he graduated with a law degree at the age of 91", the report said.
He retains that title with his fourth degree now, after completing his first degree in dentistry from the University of Sydney in 1936.
According to his lecturer Dr Sonia Brownie, Stewart has studied mostly by correspondence online and is excellent at time management, adding she "did a double take when she first got his enrolment application that mentioned a date of birth of 1915", ABC said.
A grandfather of 12 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren, Stewart from Tea Gardens, north of Newcastle, New South Wales now plans to relax with friends and family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss