Australian military faced with another sex scandal
Sydney: The Australian military is facing another sex scandal just weeks after it handed down wide-ranging reviews into defence culture, including sexual abuse and the treatment of women.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, a 23-year-old male soldier has been arrested and charged with raping a 21-year-old female civilian.
He is due to be presented before the ACT Magistrates Court tomorrow.
ACT Police said they arrested the man after responding to a report of a sexual assault at Canberra`s Royal Military College, Duntroon early yesterday.
Police said the 21-year-old alleged victim contacted them at 2 am to report that a man known to her had entered her house and sexually assaulted her before fleeing.
Police later located a man in the grounds of Duntroon with the help of military police and charged him with two counts of sexual intercourse without consent.
A defence spokesman confirmed that a member of the Australian military had been charged with the assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on