Australian military faced with another sex scandal
Sydney: The Australian military is facing another sex scandal just weeks after it handed down wide-ranging reviews into defence culture, including sexual abuse and the treatment of women.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, a 23-year-old male soldier has been arrested and charged with raping a 21-year-old female civilian.
He is due to be presented before the ACT Magistrates Court tomorrow.
ACT Police said they arrested the man after responding to a report of a sexual assault at Canberra`s Royal Military College, Duntroon early yesterday.
Police said the 21-year-old alleged victim contacted them at 2 am to report that a man known to her had entered her house and sexually assaulted her before fleeing.
Police later located a man in the grounds of Duntroon with the help of military police and charged him with two counts of sexual intercourse without consent.
A defence spokesman confirmed that a member of the Australian military had been charged with the assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video