Australian military faced with another sex scandal
Sydney: The Australian military is facing another sex scandal just weeks after it handed down wide-ranging reviews into defence culture, including sexual abuse and the treatment of women.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, a 23-year-old male soldier has been arrested and charged with raping a 21-year-old female civilian.
He is due to be presented before the ACT Magistrates Court tomorrow.
ACT Police said they arrested the man after responding to a report of a sexual assault at Canberra`s Royal Military College, Duntroon early yesterday.
Police said the 21-year-old alleged victim contacted them at 2 am to report that a man known to her had entered her house and sexually assaulted her before fleeing.
Police later located a man in the grounds of Duntroon with the help of military police and charged him with two counts of sexual intercourse without consent.
A defence spokesman confirmed that a member of the Australian military had been charged with the assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP
- Harshvardhan is more hardworking than me which is very surprising, says Anil Kapoor