Australian PM Julia Gillard loses shoe on stage
Melbourne: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard had a "Cinderella moment" after losing her shoe on a stage in Sydney.
Gillard walked on stage this morning at Sydney`s Customs House to launch a cyber safety initiative when she slipped out of one of her high heels.
Gillard reportedly was heard telling a male guest who helped her out to put the shoe back as saying "it is a Cinderella moment".
It is the second time Gillard has shed a shoe in public.
Earlier, she lost one on Australia Day this year as she was hustled out of a Canberra restaurant by her security staff when the restaurant was surrounded by Aboriginal protesters.
The shoe was said to be initially posted for sale on eBay but members of the Aboriginal tent embassy returned her missing blue suede shoe to Parliament House days later.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler