Australian PM Julia Gillard loses shoe on stage
Melbourne: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard had a "Cinderella moment" after losing her shoe on a stage in Sydney.
Gillard walked on stage this morning at Sydney`s Customs House to launch a cyber safety initiative when she slipped out of one of her high heels.
Gillard reportedly was heard telling a male guest who helped her out to put the shoe back as saying "it is a Cinderella moment".
It is the second time Gillard has shed a shoe in public.
Earlier, she lost one on Australia Day this year as she was hustled out of a Canberra restaurant by her security staff when the restaurant was surrounded by Aboriginal protesters.
The shoe was said to be initially posted for sale on eBay but members of the Aboriginal tent embassy returned her missing blue suede shoe to Parliament House days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan