Australian PM Julia Gillard loses shoe on stage
Melbourne: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard had a "Cinderella moment" after losing her shoe on a stage in Sydney.
Gillard walked on stage this morning at Sydney`s Customs House to launch a cyber safety initiative when she slipped out of one of her high heels.
Gillard reportedly was heard telling a male guest who helped her out to put the shoe back as saying "it is a Cinderella moment".
It is the second time Gillard has shed a shoe in public.
Earlier, she lost one on Australia Day this year as she was hustled out of a Canberra restaurant by her security staff when the restaurant was surrounded by Aboriginal protesters.
The shoe was said to be initially posted for sale on eBay but members of the Aboriginal tent embassy returned her missing blue suede shoe to Parliament House days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire