Australian PM Julia Gillard loses shoe on stage
Melbourne: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard had a "Cinderella moment" after losing her shoe on a stage in Sydney.
Gillard walked on stage this morning at Sydney`s Customs House to launch a cyber safety initiative when she slipped out of one of her high heels.
Gillard reportedly was heard telling a male guest who helped her out to put the shoe back as saying "it is a Cinderella moment".
It is the second time Gillard has shed a shoe in public.
Earlier, she lost one on Australia Day this year as she was hustled out of a Canberra restaurant by her security staff when the restaurant was surrounded by Aboriginal protesters.
The shoe was said to be initially posted for sale on eBay but members of the Aboriginal tent embassy returned her missing blue suede shoe to Parliament House days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review