Australian PM Julia Gillard loses shoe on stage
Melbourne: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard had a "Cinderella moment" after losing her shoe on a stage in Sydney.
Gillard walked on stage this morning at Sydney`s Customs House to launch a cyber safety initiative when she slipped out of one of her high heels.
Gillard reportedly was heard telling a male guest who helped her out to put the shoe back as saying "it is a Cinderella moment".
It is the second time Gillard has shed a shoe in public.
Earlier, she lost one on Australia Day this year as she was hustled out of a Canberra restaurant by her security staff when the restaurant was surrounded by Aboriginal protesters.
The shoe was said to be initially posted for sale on eBay but members of the Aboriginal tent embassy returned her missing blue suede shoe to Parliament House days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam