Australian police name Texas man shark victim
Canberra: Australian police have identified the 32-year-old American man who was killed in a shark attack off Australia`s southwest coast.
Police said in a statement on Sunday that George Thomas Wainwright of Texas was the man who was killed by a great white shark on Saturday while diving. Police did not say where his hometown is in Texas.
It was the third fatal shark attack off Australia`s southwest coast in recent weeks.
Wainwright had an Australian work visa and had been living in the west coast city of Perth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption