Australian sex offender caught after 20 years
Canberra: An Australian man accused of sexually assaulting five young girls more than 20 years ago has been arrested in Sydney.
According to the police, DNA evidence led to the arrest, Xinhua reported.
The girls, aged between 10 and 17 years old, were attacked over two years between 1989 and 1991 but due to forensic and investigative limitations at the time, the man was never charged, the police said.
In 2011, the case was reopened and police were able to identify a clear DNA link between all five cases.
After a three-year investigation, police arrested a 44-year-old man.
The police has not disclosed the man`s identity as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister