Australian sex offender caught after 20 years
Canberra: An Australian man accused of sexually assaulting five young girls more than 20 years ago has been arrested in Sydney.
According to the police, DNA evidence led to the arrest, Xinhua reported.
The girls, aged between 10 and 17 years old, were attacked over two years between 1989 and 1991 but due to forensic and investigative limitations at the time, the man was never charged, the police said.
In 2011, the case was reopened and police were able to identify a clear DNA link between all five cases.
After a three-year investigation, police arrested a 44-year-old man.
The police has not disclosed the man`s identity as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom
- US Presidential Elections: Hillary Clinton takes lead over Donald Trump, new polls show