Australian sex offender caught after 20 years
Canberra: An Australian man accused of sexually assaulting five young girls more than 20 years ago has been arrested in Sydney.
According to the police, DNA evidence led to the arrest, Xinhua reported.
The girls, aged between 10 and 17 years old, were attacked over two years between 1989 and 1991 but due to forensic and investigative limitations at the time, the man was never charged, the police said.
In 2011, the case was reopened and police were able to identify a clear DNA link between all five cases.
After a three-year investigation, police arrested a 44-year-old man.
The police has not disclosed the man`s identity as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state