Australian soldier held for threatening civilians
Sydney: A 28-year-old soldier has arrested in Australia for terrorising residents and motorists on a street with a replica rifle, an official said Sunday.
Police said they were called to the Townsville suburb of Bohle Plains in Queensland Saturday night after receiving reports of an armed man threatening residents and motorists, the Daily Telegraph reported Sunday.
The man, a serving soldier, is yet to be charged, a military spokesperson said.
Police said the weapon "appeared to be a rifle", but when the man was arrested it was found to be a "training tube" for Australia`s defence forces.
The tube resembles a weapon but is incapable of actually firing.
The man was "roaming the streets pointing it at people", police told AAP. "So it doesn`t appear that he was targeting anyone in particular."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach