Australian soldier held for threatening civilians
Sydney: A 28-year-old soldier has arrested in Australia for terrorising residents and motorists on a street with a replica rifle, an official said Sunday.
Police said they were called to the Townsville suburb of Bohle Plains in Queensland Saturday night after receiving reports of an armed man threatening residents and motorists, the Daily Telegraph reported Sunday.
The man, a serving soldier, is yet to be charged, a military spokesperson said.
Police said the weapon "appeared to be a rifle", but when the man was arrested it was found to be a "training tube" for Australia`s defence forces.
The tube resembles a weapon but is incapable of actually firing.
The man was "roaming the streets pointing it at people", police told AAP. "So it doesn`t appear that he was targeting anyone in particular."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- RSS defamation case: Supreme Court to hear Rahul Gandhi's appeal
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime to go on sale today
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government
- Trump slams Clinton for `Third World`- style corruption
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq