Australian teen charged over `egging` death
Melbourne: A 14-year-old Australian boy was charged on Monday with manslaughter over the stabbing death of a woman who complained after her house and car were allegedly pelted with eggs.
Homicide Detective Sergeant Ron Iddles said the woman, a mother of three, and her husband chased a group of youths in their car on Sunday evening after the egg incident.
Police believe the man got out of the car to pursue two of those who threw eggs and returned to find his 47-year-old wife had been stabbed and was dying on the footpath.
"When he got (back), he found his wife on the ground," Iddles told reporters.
"She`s a mum, got children, so it`s a pretty tragic event over something as silly as someone throwing eggs."
Four other youths were questioned by police but released without charge.
A neighbour told the Melbourne Age newspaper she watched as police put a "skinny teenager" into their car in handcuffs.
"He was vomiting all the time. He look terrified," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'