Australian woman wins case for injuries during sex
Sydney: An Australian woman has won a court battle to seek workers` compensation after being injured while having sex in a motel room when a light fitting fell on her head. The woman was on a work-related tour.
The woman, in her late 30s, was working in human relations for a government agency which had sent her to a town in New South Wales, where she and a colleague conducted budget reviews and met local staff. She was booked into a motel, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.
A judge ruled that the woman was hurt during the course of her employment because she had been sent in November 2007 on a job in the small rural town where she had checked into the motel, the Daily Mail reported.
The court said the woman, whose name hasn`t been released, is entitled to compensation for facial and psychological injuries suffered when a light fixture fell off the wall in her motel room.
The male friend she had gone to bed with testified that they were "having sex" and he did not know if they bumped the light above the bed or whether it just fell off.
"I think she was on her back when it happened, but I was not paying attention because we were rolling around," he said in his statement.
Justice John Nicholas of the Australian Federal Court agreed with the woman`s barrister that she was hurt during the course of her employment while visiting the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing