Austrian vice chancellor resigns
Vienna: Austria`s vice chancellor and finance minister says he is leaving politics for health reasons.
Josef Proell, who also is giving up his post as chief of the Austrian People`s Party, suffered a pulmonary embolism last month while skiing and has been in rehabilitation ever since.
Proell told reporters on Wednesday that his decision was a tough one to make.
Proell, a 42-year-old father of three, served as agriculture minister between 2003 and 2008, and also has headed the Austrian farmer`s association.
It was not immediately clear who would replace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere