Austrian vice chancellor resigns
Vienna: Austria`s vice chancellor and finance minister says he is leaving politics for health reasons.
Josef Proell, who also is giving up his post as chief of the Austrian People`s Party, suffered a pulmonary embolism last month while skiing and has been in rehabilitation ever since.
Proell told reporters on Wednesday that his decision was a tough one to make.
Proell, a 42-year-old father of three, served as agriculture minister between 2003 and 2008, and also has headed the Austrian farmer`s association.
It was not immediately clear who would replace him.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today