Austrian vice chancellor resigns
Vienna: Austria`s vice chancellor and finance minister says he is leaving politics for health reasons.
Josef Proell, who also is giving up his post as chief of the Austrian People`s Party, suffered a pulmonary embolism last month while skiing and has been in rehabilitation ever since.
Proell told reporters on Wednesday that his decision was a tough one to make.
Proell, a 42-year-old father of three, served as agriculture minister between 2003 and 2008, and also has headed the Austrian farmer`s association.
It was not immediately clear who would replace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry