Avalanche buries six tourists in Russia
Moscow: A group of six tourists was buried by an avalanche in northwestern Russia`s Murmansk region, the emergencies ministry said Sunday.
Local rescue services were informed around midnight Saturday about the avalanche at Mount Aikuaivenchor, a popular alpine skiing venue in Kirovsky district.
"The avalanche buried a tourist group of six people. Search and rescue effort is underway," the ministry said.
The nationalities of the tourists were not clear.
The emergencies ministry earlier issued an avalanche alert, warning about a "significant" probability of avalanches in the Khibiny mountains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!