Avalanche buries six tourists in Russia
Moscow: A group of six tourists was buried by an avalanche in northwestern Russia`s Murmansk region, the emergencies ministry said Sunday.
Local rescue services were informed around midnight Saturday about the avalanche at Mount Aikuaivenchor, a popular alpine skiing venue in Kirovsky district.
"The avalanche buried a tourist group of six people. Search and rescue effort is underway," the ministry said.
The nationalities of the tourists were not clear.
The emergencies ministry earlier issued an avalanche alert, warning about a "significant" probability of avalanches in the Khibiny mountains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack