Avalanche buries six tourists in Russia
Moscow: A group of six tourists was buried by an avalanche in northwestern Russia`s Murmansk region, the emergencies ministry said Sunday.
Local rescue services were informed around midnight Saturday about the avalanche at Mount Aikuaivenchor, a popular alpine skiing venue in Kirovsky district.
"The avalanche buried a tourist group of six people. Search and rescue effort is underway," the ministry said.
The nationalities of the tourists were not clear.
The emergencies ministry earlier issued an avalanche alert, warning about a "significant" probability of avalanches in the Khibiny mountains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug