Avalanche kills 4 foreign tourists in Norway
Oslo: Police say an avalanche buried six Swiss and French tourists in northern Norway on Monday, killing four of them.
One person was dug out alive and taken to a hospital and another was missing after the snowslide near Tromsoe on Norway`s Arctic coast.
Of the six people struck by the avalanche, one was a French citizen and five were Swiss nationals, Tromsoe police spokesman Morten Pettersen said.
He said rescuers had detected signals from their avalanche transceivers buried in the snow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought