Avalanche kills 4 foreign tourists in Norway
Oslo: Police say an avalanche buried six Swiss and French tourists in northern Norway on Monday, killing four of them.
One person was dug out alive and taken to a hospital and another was missing after the snowslide near Tromsoe on Norway`s Arctic coast.
Of the six people struck by the avalanche, one was a French citizen and five were Swiss nationals, Tromsoe police spokesman Morten Pettersen said.
He said rescuers had detected signals from their avalanche transceivers buried in the snow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?