Avalanche kills 4 foreign tourists in Norway
Oslo: Police say an avalanche buried six Swiss and French tourists in northern Norway on Monday, killing four of them.
One person was dug out alive and taken to a hospital and another was missing after the snowslide near Tromsoe on Norway`s Arctic coast.
Of the six people struck by the avalanche, one was a French citizen and five were Swiss nationals, Tromsoe police spokesman Morten Pettersen said.
He said rescuers had detected signals from their avalanche transceivers buried in the snow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study