Avalanche kills 4 foreign tourists in Norway
Oslo: Police say an avalanche buried six Swiss and French tourists in northern Norway on Monday, killing four of them.
One person was dug out alive and taken to a hospital and another was missing after the snowslide near Tromsoe on Norway`s Arctic coast.
Of the six people struck by the avalanche, one was a French citizen and five were Swiss nationals, Tromsoe police spokesman Morten Pettersen said.
He said rescuers had detected signals from their avalanche transceivers buried in the snow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...